McAfee protects the data from any type of malware or cyber theft with its software. It is one of the leading cybersecurity firms known for the effective resistance shield it provides to the system. In addition to this, it also updates the software often to keep it up to date which helps to protect the system from attacks. How to fix the McAfee antivirus scanning issue is one of the common problems faced by the user.
Pros Tech Support is one of the leading tech companies offering you a solution to all of your technical problems from printers to softwares. The technical professionals of the company assure the best customer support services and antivirus support.
Read on to know about antivirus issues and the solution about how to fix the McAfee antivirus scanning issue.
How To Fix McAfee Antivirus Not Scanning Issue?
Our certified technical experts with vast knowledge and experience can resolve the technical errors you are facing. Contact us at our toll-free antivirus technical support number 1.888.274.5606.
Reasons Behind McAfee Antivirus Not Working
Installation Issues –
If your antivirus is not installed correctly then the installation problems can arise. You can be unaware of it as this issue doesn’t appear on the screen. This is one of the main reasons that the antivirus is not performing well.
McAfee Updates –
McAfee – an antivirus company that sends the product updates frequently. You can protect the device from the threats by keeping it up to date.
Performance Issue Of PC –
It is possible that the device would not support the antivirus and this lowers the speed of the PC and creates an issue in the performance of the antivirus.
Issues While Upgrading –
Another possibility is that the product has reached its expiry date and you need to update it to continue the service. McAfee Antivirus will not work or scan properly if you do not update it from time to time.
Wrong Process Of Un-Installation –
Those users who are not tech-savvy can do a mistake unknowingly while installing antivirus.
Antivirus does not function accurately due to these issues. Here are some of the steps and methods that the users can take to solve the scanning problem.
Ways To Fix The McAfee Antivirus Not Scanning Issue
Method 1 – Reboot The System
Reboot your system if McAfee antivirus does not scan properly. Your problem will be solved to a large extent by the reboot.
Method 2 – Enable Access Protection
- Open your McAfee product.
- Click on “Navigation”
- Click on “General Settings and Alerts’ option.
- Open the “Access Protection” drawer.
- Select the “Use Access Protection” checkbox.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Restart your PC.
Method 3 – Remove And Reinstall McAfee Antivirus
- Reinstall McAfee Antivirus to resolve the issue
- Follow the following instructions:
- Click on the “Install” button to start the installation process.
- You will get the notification to delete the old version of McAfee antivirus.
- Click on ‘Accept’ all terms and conditions option which appear on the screen.
- As soon as McAfee is installed, it will start scanning to ensure that the system is clean.
Quick Steps To Fix Mcafee Antivirus Not Responding
- Check the internet connection to which your PC is connected to
- If that is working properly then check to make sure the version of software you are running is the latest.
- Ensure that there is no other antivirus installed on the system because that can cause an error in updation.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Mcafee antivirus
- Look for updates.
Instant Online Tech Support For McAfee Antivirus
If you cannot deal with the McAfee antivirus issue yourself then contact our technical support team for antivirus support and we will solve the issue within less time and more efficiently.